Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1) Terms and conditions of sale. By paying your deposit to secure your order slot, you are agreeing the following terms and conditions. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to read and review the terms and conditions.
2) We ask for a 10% deposit to secure you order slot. When we have agreed your delivery slot we will need you to ensure the following: Please ensure that we have clear access to the property and room that the bed is going to be located, this includes hallways and stairs. We will require the space to move large heavy panels. We have designed our panels to fit through standard door ways in the average UK sized property. Please note we will not move or dismantle other pieces of furniture. We do not alter any fixings or drill or modify any fixture or component within the property. We may ask you to send photos of the room / area that the bed is to be located. Please see list of bed sizes.
If you have restricted access or have had problems in the past with getting furniture into your property, then please make us aware so we can assess the feasibility of the furniture fitting into your home.
3) Once your bed has been delivered and assembled we will clean and check the bed for any marks or damage. You or the responsible person at the time will be asked to inspect the bed with us. We will also go over your duty of care for the bed and the health & safety of your child using the bed, you or the responsible person (your appointed person if you are not available) will sign to confirm that you are happy with the condition, structure and location of the bed and that we have left the property in the condition it was found. Once you have signed for the bed, we will not be held responsible for any damage caused to it or the property.
4) We offer a delivery and assembly service. There will be a cost to agreed for this depending on you location / post code. We do not use third party delivery companies or couriers. We will provided you with a 1.5 hour time slot about a week before you delivery. It is rare that we may have to change this slot, but it may be subject to change due to circumstances beyond our control. (Adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, traffic or any other unforeseen circumstances). If you or your appointed responsible person fail to be at your property at this time, we will charge for redelivery and a delay in receiving your bed for up to 6 weeks.
If you have circumstances that are beyond your control we will work with you to arrange an alternative delivery date, but we need 7 days notice. We will always do our best to accommodate your requirements. This also includes change of address.
Health & Safety (Parental duty of care)
5) We take great care in the production of our beds; beds are constructed from MDF panels and timber for rails and structural parts. Our slats are birch ply bowed, layered and glued with 7.5cm gaps and linked by polyester fabric.
5a) Our beds are compliant with BS - EN747. Designs and specifications are subject to change without notice for the purpose of continuous improvement.
5B) No items to be stored on stairs or slide due to the risk of trip / slip / fall. You may want to consider having a night light to illuminate the stairs at night.
5C) Parent / responsible person to ensure that all children using the bed are NOT allowed to climb over top of the bed or on the turret tops. Turret tops are aesthetical and only for a drink container or teddy bear, they are not weight bearing structures.
5D) under no circumstances should the bed have any parts / panels / rails / securing bolts or screws removed or modified. If any part of the bed is broken or missing the bed should not be used.
5E) The bed slats are screwed down and screws should NOT be removed under any circumstances. The 7.5cm gap should be maintained and broken slats should be immediately replaced.
5F) Children may become trapped between the bed and the wall. To avoid the risk of serious injury, the distance between the top safety barrier and the wall must not exceed 75 mm or must be at least 230 mm
5G) Never hang any clothing off a bed or tie anything to it. Children can get tangled up in these making them a serious strangulation hazard.
5H) We recommend that you place carpet under your child’s bed or having a rug underneath.
5J) don’t let any child treat a bunk bed like a climbing frame. The bed is fun for the children but they should be discouraged from playing on the steps or leaning from the top bunk.
5K) Allow only one child on the top bunk. It’s important that children learn that only one child can be on the top bunk at any time.
5L) Caution must be exercised by parents / responsible person especially if younger siblings, relatives and friends are using the bed.
5M) We recommend that Children under 6 years of age do NOT use a bunk bed. If the child is of a responsible nature and you wish to introduce them to a bunk bed slightly earlier, this is completely down to the judgement of the parent and is not recommended by my little bed.
5N) Never leave children without a minimum of supervision. Small parts can be a risk to smaller children (babies & toddlers) so caution should be exercised.
5P) Recommended mattress height for the top bunk is 15cm to 17cm. always use the correct size mattress, which should fit snug with no gaps.
5Q) It’s the customers / parents responsibility to ensure the safety of everyone using the bed and to conform to the above criteria.
5R) Do not replace original parts with substitutes. Spare parts must be obtained from us. [email protected]
5S) Damage, loss or destruction will become the owner responsibility once you have signed for the bed when we have delivered and assembled it in your property. The bed will be your property at this point and kept at your own risk.
6) All our beds come with a 12 month warranty
This warranty does not cover the below:
a) If the bed has been altered/ adjusted by the purchaser or a third party.
b) Damage caused due to misuse, abuse, accidents or lack of care.
c) Variation within the colour or graining of wood or paint colour.
d) Damage or discolouration caused by sunlight or artificial lighting.
e) Damage caused by any third party when in your property.
f) If the bed has been damaged while been relocated or sold to a third party.
7) We reserve the right without prejudice to change / amend our prices for any bed at any time.
CANCELLATION BY YOU:
8) Deposits are non refundable on our standard beds once we have started making them. If cancelled before we start making the bed you will receive an 80% refund of your deposit, 20% will be deducted for administration costs.
For custom / bespoke commissioned beds: You will be entering into a contract with us to supply a custom made design and this CAN NOT be cancelled. If you cancel full payment will be required regardless of you taking the bed or not.
If the customer cancels a contract, this will be upon the terms that the customer shall indemnify us in full against all claims, costs, damages, actions, charges and expenses incurred by us as a direct or indirect result of the cancellation.
CANCELLATION BY US
7) We reserve the right not to process your order. If we cancel your order we will give you a full refund of the deposit paid within 14 days. We will not pay any compensation for inconvenience or other liabilities as a result of cancellation. This includes if the bed will not fit into your property. We reserve the right to invoke “force majeure” in the event of circumstances beyond our control.
8) Due to the intimate nature of the items (beds & mattresses) they are non-refundable, unless damaged on delivery or faulty at point of delivery.
LAW, JURISDICTION AND LANGUAGE
9) This website, any content contained therein and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.
10) If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
12) Nothing in this Agreement is intended to, nor shall it confer any rights on a third party.
13) All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to my little bed ([email protected]) www.mylittlebed.co.uk. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use, is prohibited without our permission. You may not modify, distribute or repost anything on this website for any purpose. We have no connection with any other bed manufactures and hold no liability in whole or part if you purchase or commission similar designs from another supplier.
We reserve the right to change or amend our terms and conditions without prejudice at any time.